Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus pre-orders from different parts of the world have started.
The most expensive variant, which is iPhone Plus 6 (128GB), is priced in Singapore at S$1448 or about PhP 50,148. A guesstimate could be about PhP 60,000 when it gets sold here in the Philippines considering our high taxes. Let's take it at PhP 60,000 then.
So, if the most expensive variant of iPhone 6 Plus were money, here are 10 other things that we would buy.
10. Buy 315.8 orders of Starbucks Dark Mocha Frappe (Venti)
A usual beverage and one of the most expensive drinks without add-ons at Starbucks is the Dark Mocha Frappe. A venti-sized order costs PhP 190. If iPhone 6 Plus (128GB) were money, we can order 315.8 or about 315 venti and a short Dark Mocha Frappe. That's probably enough caffeine boost every work day for a whole year.
9. Buy a second-hand 4-wheel vehicle
After checking out the listings on a local classified ads website, listed is a used Toyota Wrangler Jeep (1991 model). A two-decade vehicle over a handheld device? Hmmm.
8. Get a Food Cart Business Franchise
To grow the money, we would buy a food cart business franchise such as this one. We just need to plan out other elements of the business as well but the money is a huge start.
7. Book a round-trip ticket from Manila to London
I tried to mock book from Philippine Airlines and it looks like the price of an iPhone 6 Plus (128GB) can bring one person from Manila to London and back. Now, we just need to figure out where to get the money to pay for the hotel and for pocket money.
6. Have a massive birthday buffet blowout at Vikings
The most expensive price per head at Vikings is PhP 888. Using the PhP 60,000, we can treat 67 friends to a massive birthday buffet blowout!
5. Do away with traffic woes by getting a brand-new motorcycle
Phone or motorcycle?
This can be a dilemma especially if traffic jam has become your daily enemy going to work. The cost of the iPhone 6 Plus can almost get you a brand-new motorcycle like this one.
4. Purchase 2 LG G3 or 4 Xiaomi Mi 4
If you're really in the market for a new phone then you may want to take a look at these two Androids --- the LG G3 or the Xiaomi Mi 4. These are relatively good smartphones that are available at a fraction of the price of the iPhone 6 Plus.
3. Eat a lot of Tomahawk steak
Tomahawk steak is priced between PhP 2,500 to PhP 5,000. A good serving is enough for 4 to 5 people.
Let's say we decide to get the most expensive one, we can order the Tomahawk steak 12 times. That's a lot of protein in exchange for the iPhone 6 Plus.
2. Subscribe with HWM Philippines for 41 years++
HWM Philippines costs PhP 160 per magazine. It has a monthly issue so with the PhP 60,000, we can get 500 magazines. This means we can subscribe (*wink wink*) for 41 years and 8 months with that money. You know, because tech and it gives us the "Power to Decide."
40 years after, we wonder what the iPhone would be?
1. Buy 3600 pieces of real apples
Outside the office, a fruit vendor sells apples at PhP 100 per six pieces. If the Apple iPhone 6 Plus were money, we can buy about 3600 pieces of real apples.
These won't be able to let us call or text or use Facebook, but these can keep the doctor away for a long, long time.
If you had PhP 60,000, will you get the new iPhone 6 Plus or will you buy something else?
Katrina Canlas / Former Associate Editor Online (OIC)
An engineer who loves to write and is just lucky enough to have this job.
- Prestone celebrates almost a century of unparalleled auto care
- Yamaha hosts Mio Ride Your Story Grand Fans Day
- Beko concludes "Kick Your Way to Barcelona: The Beko Grand Kickoff Challenge" event
- Hitler’s mobile device of destruction up for auction in US, expected to be sold for almost PhP 15 million
- Celebrate technophilia this month of love with HWM's February 2017 issue