HP Expands Converged Cloud Portfolio
HP recently expanded its Converged Cloud portfolio with new offerings that extend the power of the cloud across infrastructure, applications and information, enabling enterprises to accelerate innovation and enhance agility.
Introduced in April, HP Converged Cloud is the industry’s first strategy and portfolio based on a single architecture that combines private, managed and public cloud, as well as traditional IT, to create an environment that can rapidly change based on organizational requirements.
“HP’s Converged Cloud approach provides enterprises choice in delivery model and platform with the confidence in the service delivered via market leading products, coupled with a consistent architecture and experience,” said Bill Veghte, chief operating officer, HP.
HP's announcements included solutions for:
- Delivering converged cloud services for the airline industry - Enabling airlines to quickly introduce new products and services to enhance revenue, HP announced its vision of an “Intelligent Airline Cloud,” delivering integrated Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) platforms that meet the specific requirements of airline clients.
- Building hybrid cloud environments - HP extended the “cloud bursting” capabilities of HP CloudSystem to deliver instant access to additional capacity through HP Cloud Services, Amazon Web Services and Savvis. A core element of the HP Converged Cloud portfolio, HP CloudSystem provides a complete, integrated and open platform that enables enterprises and service providers to build and manage services across private, managed and public cloud environments.
- Managing the next generation of cloud applications - As clients adopt cloud environments, applications and business-process performance become intertwined, increasing complexity. HP Application Performance Management 9.2 for Converged Cloud helps clients manage across converged cloud environments, improving the performance management of cloud and mobile applications.
- Increasing office productivity with cloud print solution - HP’s cloud printing solution for enterprises, HP ePrint Enterprise 2.0, enables easy, driverless printing from mobile devices to an existing fleet of network printers. Available from HP Printing and Personal Systems Managed Services, HP ePrint Enterprise 2.0 now offers integration with three additional pull-printing solutions, localization in 10 languages and visitor printing capabilities
- Closing the IT cloud expertise skills gap - Research shows that 60 percent of chief information officers believe that the IT expertise skills gap is hampering the ability to execute cloud strategies and solutions. In an ongoing effort to close the gap, HP ExpertONE introduced two new cloud certifications—the HP Accredited Technical Professional for the cloud administrator and the HP Accredited Solution Expert for the cloud integrator. These HP ExpertONE cloud certifications are instrumental in enabling enterprises to transform from product-centric IT to unified service-centric IT.