Canon stages a two-day expo aiming to boost productivity in workplace
Canon Marketing Philippines Inc., (CMPI), through its digital imaging solutions arm, staged a two-day event that aimed at continuing its advocacy of bringing delight to its consumers by taking part in helping the country reach its fullest potential by means of spearheading workplace productivity and efficiency.
It was CMPI's first time to bring together professionals and leaders from various industries in a technology and solutions expo called POP: The Pros of Productivity.
“Numerous industries, ranging from enterprises to small and medium-sized businesses, risk 1% of their company’s annual revenue that solely makes up unwanted printing costs. Coupled with document management problems, these non-essentials sum up to a whopping 1M-peso annual loss. These problems, alongside the recurrent issues we hear from different companies that circle around data security, document retrieval, and management are a few of the menial problems that should easily be lifted off the weight of employees. This stems the Pros of Productivity, one of the initiatives Canon is putting forward in its commitment to becoming an instrument of change to promote a more conducive and productive working environment for the delight of all,” said Kazuhiro Ozawa, the new CMPI President and CEO.
Aside from gathering the elite, the agenda of Canon Pros of Productivity is to shed light on common pitfalls that companies undergo on a day-to-day basis, the first-hand experiences they might be overlooking, and the root cause of minute workflow inefficiencies.
For two days, Canon POP: Pros of Productivity has brought a lineup of esteemed and celebrated leaders who shared valuable knowledge and insights from their designated talks and respective industries, such as:
- Acmad Rizaldy Moti, President & CEO of Pag-IBIG
- Mon Ibrahim, Undersecretary, Department of Information and Communications Technology
- Atty. Francis Acero, Complaints and Investigations Division Chief, National Privacy Commission
- Andres Licaros Jr., President and CEO of Asian Hospital and Medical Center
- Jubert Alberto, Country Head of the International Data Corporation Philippines
- Arnel Sechong, Head of Procurement at DHL Global Business Services
- Rene Banzon, Deputy Manager of SIA Engineering
- Jan Aliling, Managing Director of Acube Law
- Jonathan Yabut, Apprentice Asia winner & Founder and Managing Director - JY Consultancy & Ventures
- Seew Choi Gek, Business Development Manager, Therefore Corporation
- Ann Barrameda, Founder of Abba’s Orchard
- Fr. Generoso “Jun” Rebayla Jr. SVD of the University of San Carlos
“The International Data Corporation has noted a 21% loss in total productivity per year due to document related concerns. We at Canon hope to be one of the reasons why that number will significantly decrease in the next year or so, in line with staying true to our commitment to cultivating a better working environment across all industries through our technology. The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE Gen 3 product line is just a part of the robust customized technology solutions offered by Canon that we can tailor-fit to address your business problem areas,” shared Senior Director for Office Imaging Products, Jojo Bolima.
“Through this expo, I am looking forward to seeing how we will be able to champion the space of productivity in the Philippines where it is most befitting to institute transforming the way we work, and continue to spur delight not just to our loyal customers, but also to whom we believe our products and technology will be able to help,” added Ozawa.
Not only the pool of speakers tackled an array of discussions during the entirety of the event, Canon also unleashed some of its products in a nearby showroom.
The Canon POP: Pros of Productivity took place last October 17-18,017, at the Isla Ballroom of EDSA Shangri-la Hotel in Mandaluyong City.