Kingston introduces versatile MobileLite Duo 3C dual-interface card reader
Kingston Technology is bringing its latest offering to the market, a USB Type-C card reader called the MobileLite Duo 3C.
Kingston’s MobileLite Duo3C is a versatile card reader that keeps up with the old and new. The microSD card reader is primarily compatible with Type-C ports, but it also works with a USB Type-A interface.
“MobileLite Duo 3C is a versatile reader for both newer and older systems as it works with the latest USB Type-C devices as well as notebooks that use USB Type-A,” Kingstson said in a statement.
The MobileLite Duo 3C is also compliant with the USB 3.1 Gen 1 specifications, supports the latest card speeds, and reads microSD/SDHC/SDXC UHS-I, which makes file transfer and off-loading activities faster. The card reader works with the following operating systems (OS): Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 (SP1), Mac OS (v.10.9.x +), Linux (v. 2.6x +), and Chrome.
Be it for leisure or for work, the card reader’s design is made for every people on-the-go, as its compact metallic form makes it easily fit in a backpack, purse, or always on hand.
“USB Type-C is getting more popular and our new card reader is ideal for personal or professional use. With its rugged, lightweight design it can go wherever it’s needed,” the company added.
Here is a quick look at the Kingston MobileLite Duo 3C’s features and specifications:
- Dual Interface: works with older and newer systems thanks to the USB-A and USB-C interfaces.
- Compact: The lightweight storage solution that’s easy to throw in a pocket or backpack.
- Rugged Portability: Thanks to the metal casing you can bring it wherever your adventure takes you.
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB 3.0) Support: Download photos and videos quickly to share online.
- Dimensions: 43 x 18 x 11mm
- Supported Card Formats: microSD/microSDHC UHS-I/microSDXC UHS-I
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 60°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 70°C
- Warranty: 2-year warranty with free technical support.