NBI introduces a new and easier way to secure a clearance
Today, the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) introduced a new and easier way of securing a NBI clearance, thru online. No need to wait in a long line for a day or two just to acquire your NBI clearance. With the new system, the old 6-step process can now easily be done with just 3 easy steps:
- On-line registration, appointment and e-Payment
- Photo capture & fingerprint biometrics
- Clearance printing
Venus Raj together with Ariella Arida graced the NBI Gymnasium , where the event was held, and demonstrated how easy and fast it is to secure an NBI clearance with the new online system.
The first step is to register online at the NBI Clearance website – clearance.nbi.gov.ph. The link will take you to the application form page of the NBI website. You'll need to fill up all the necessary information, remember that the website will allow one email per applicant only which means you wont be able to use someone else's email address if it is already registered on the website and vice versa.
After filling up all the required information, you'll then be directed to the payment and appointment page. Here you'll have the the option to choose how you want to pay the clearance, set the date of your appointment and choose what branch would handle the second and third process, which are Photo Capture & Fingerprint Biometrics and the Clearance printing.
Payment options are:
- Online Banking – customers with local internet banking access from banks such as BDO, BPI, Metrobank, RCBC, Unionbank, UCPB, Chinabank, Maybank, Sterling Bank and Eastwest bank can pay using online with real-time debit to their account.
- Over The Counter (Bank & Non-Bank) – customers can go to any participating bank (BDO, BPI, Metrobank, RCBC, Chiinabank, Eastwest bank, Landbank, Maybank, PNB, Security Bank, Sterling Bank, UCPB and Unionbank) or any LBC outlets, Bayad Centers, and Robinsons Dept. Store, and pay over the counter.
- ATM and Debit Cards – For Customers with ATM cards by BDO, BPI, Unionbank, Chinabank, Maybank, RCBC, PNB and UCPB can pay via ATM.
- Mobile Payment – G-Cash
On your selected appointment date you'll need to proceed to your chosen NBI Processing Center to have your Photo Capture and Fingerprint Biometrics, and the Clearance Printing.
“The new NBI Clearance Processing system is a step towards improving the service the NBI provides the various publics. In fact, since the full implementation of the new system early this year, there has seen significant improvements and positive feedbacks,” said NBI Director, Virgilio Mendez.