Pioneer outs DDJ-1000 DJ controller and rekordbox dj 5.1 application
Pioneer has created the DDJ-1000, a new DJ controller for dedicated use with its professional performance application called rekordbox dj. The 4-channel DDJ-1000 is designed to help users maximize the new features of the app following the release of its latest version, the rekordbox ver 5.1.
The DDJ-1000 is an ideal solution for everyone who wants to play at the events and party venues other than clubs with its portability and brand new interface which is similar to the familiar multi-player/DJM Club standard setup. It boasts features suitable for professional use, including full-size jog wheels inherited from the CDJ-2000NXS2, plus an added On Jog Display so one can keep an eye on important track information without the need of looking at their laptop. The 14 Beat FX and its 16 multi-colored performance pas (8 per deck) intends to bring creative flair to the mixes, with each pad includes Hot Cues, Pad FX, and Keybord Mode which enables one to play a Hot Cue in different semitones, and improvise with sounds and create musical phrases as if he or she was playing on the keyboard of a synthesizer or other instrument.
Meanwhile, the significantly updated version of redkordbox includes enhancements to the Related Tracks feature, adding more options for quickly finding tracks that are well-matched with the ones playing. Plus, the improved DJ Plus Pack brings new additions such as Automix which uses the software’s upgraded track analysis to automatically and seamlessly mix tracks.
Here is the rundown of what's inside the new Pioneer DDJ-1000:
1. Portable DJ controller with club-style layout
All the buttons and knobs on the DDJ-1000 are arranged in the same layout setup of the club-standard CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2. The jog wheels are inherited directly from the CDJ-2000NXS2, so they look and feel familiar to use. As a result, using rekordbox dj with the DDJ-1000 creates the same experience as playing from USB drives with an NXS2 setup. Also, the DJ controller is compact and portable, which gives users an advantage to easily take it wherever they go.
2. Colour On Jog Display for quick reference and accurate performances
A high-definition LCD screen in the center of each jog wheel displays information such as playback time, BPM, waveform, playback position, and Hot Cue and Loop points. But users can also customize the information they want to see, so there’s no need to look at the laptop during a mix or scratch routine.
3. 14 Beat FX including new additions
The DDJ-1000 is loaded with all ten popular Beat FX from our DJM mixer series plus four new FX for adding creative flair and texture to the sets. Players can also instantly reference BPM and the name of the selected FX without looking at your laptop, thanks to the dedicated Beat FX display. New FX features consist of:
• Enigma Jet, Mobius Saw, Mobius Triangle – FX that add sound with a feeling of infinite rising or descending
• Low Cut Echo – echo-derived effect that cuts low frequencies of the echo sound
4. Improved MAGVEL FADER
The DDJ-1000 features a new MAGVEL FADER crossfader which inherits the design architecture of the renowned MAGVEL FADER PRO from the DJM-S9 professional battle mixer. Highly durable for more than 10 million movements, the new MAGVEL FADER enables complicated, intricate performances with a smooth feel. Plus, Pioneer also refined the software processing for jog wheel and crossfader operation to significantly reduce latency, so scratching feels more intuitive than ever.
5. Multiple input/outputs enable different setups
DJ changeovers are a breeze for rekordbox dj users, thanks to its two USB ports for PC/Mac. The DDJ-1000 has four external input terminals for DJ players and analog turntables, plus two mic inputs. Moreover, users can also use the DDJ-1000 as a standalone DJ mixer without the need of connecting to a PC/Mac.
6. Other features
• Multicoloured Performance Pads – tactile illuminated rubber pads trigger Hot Cues, Pad FX, Beat Jump, Sampler, Keyboard Mode, and more
• Feeling adjust – customize the feeling of the jog wheel
• Advanced Super Fast Search – quickly reach any playback position
• Page – switch between Hot Cues 1-8 and 9-16
• Key Shift and Key Sync buttons – direct control of rekordbox dj key-related features
• Sound Color FX – enhance your sets with the four popular FX from the DJM mixers
• Aluminum/acrylic-finished top panel – for a quality look and feel
• Lightweight and portable
• rekordbox dvs ready – requires the rekordbox dvs Plus Pack licence key and dedicated Control Vinyl (both available separately)
Meanwhile, here are the key features of Rekordbox version 5.1
1. Automix for smooth and natural automatic mixing
Drop tracks into an Automix playlist and rekordbox dj will mix them accurately and smoothly, as phrases in a track are now detected by this key feature that has the newly-developed phrase analysis algorithm in the track analysis section of rekordbox’s KORETECH engine. In addition to the phrase information, Automix uses track information such as beat position, BPM (or beats per minute) and key to make mixes sound natural. So one can scratch, apply FX and change the order of tracks during Automix.
2. Advanced Related Tracks feature brings more detailed search criteria
From being a known functional item which displays tracks that are well matched with the one you’re currently playing, the popular Related Tracks feature has been significantly upgraded. At the much revved-up version, players can easily find even more relevant tracks using increased search criteria such as artists, comments, and file formats, as well as they can save your custom criteria and call it up at any time. This feature is highly useful for creating unique sets from tracks one might not have otherwise thought to mix together.